A synthesis essay brings together your own ideas with the ideas of other writers. The main goal of a synthesis essay is to make insightful connections, structure them in a logical way, prove a certain point, using not only your own opinion, but that of others as well.
But what if the topic does not inspire or there are not enough sources for you to compare? Or, on the contrary, the number of sources needs more time spent on them, than you can afford during your stressful studying? Bookwormlab.com is giving you a helping hand on that! We offer high-quality custom written essays that will exceed your highest expectations.
What Is a Good Synthesis Essay Example
You may have asked yourself how to write a synthesis essay and this in fact is quite difficult. At first, it may take ages just to consider good synthesis essay topic ideas. And the process of synthesis writing itself includes assembling ideas from various sources (i.e. books, journals, Internet), as well as developing your own original idea, or thesis, based on these sources.
Usually there is a synthesis essay format to follow.
- Step One. Before writing, look through possible synthesis essay topics and pick one that appeals to you the most . Collect your sources on the topic, get familiar with what other writers offer. Create a brief summary of each of your sources and examine the evidence that other writers have used. After doing so you will be able to formulate your own thesis.
- Step Two. Before starting with the actual essay writing – freewrite. Brainstorm, map out ideas, create a scratch outline. Every good synthesis essay example will show you that an outline is needed to stay clear in conveying your arguments, to logically organize your multiple sources and you won’t get lost in your own writing.
- Step Three. Start the actual writing. For each point you support, write a complete sentence. You will be able to use these as topic sentences for the body paragraphs. Combined with the outline, these sentences will be your future essay. Use the summaries you wrote in step one, add quotations, facts and opinions to prove your point.
- Step Four. It’s time to revise. You have to make sure that your thesis covers all the supporting points and that you have introduced all of your sources in the introduction. Each body paragraph must begin with a clear and understandable topic sentence that focuses on the main idea. Be sure that all of your evidence is in its right place, edit everything that is not. Check if you introduced the writers of all quotations.
- Step Five. This is when you edit and proofread for grammar and mechanics, punctuation and typos.
Do not use first person in your writing.
The usual size of such writing is 5-7 pages.
Be consistent in your use of bibliographic references.
Connect ideas with transitions.
Can’t Find Inspiration, Time or the Right Topic for a Synthesis Paper?
As you see, choosing from different synthesis essay topics as well as writing itself can be stressful, even though the Internet is full of different synthesis essay examples. But you can rest assured that the writers here at Bookwormlab.com will provide you with an original piece of writing of an outstanding quality, which will surprise your teacher/professor agreeably.