Writing an application essay is like taking a challenging crucial step on your way of applying to a university or college. A standardized common application essay comes with an application package of a college a student is applying for. A common application essay usually gives a prospective student an option to write an essay on one of the topics offered. As for the 2010-2011 essay prompts, they are the same as the ones used in the previous school season.
Common application essay topicsWhen writing a common application essay you are offered to select one of the following topics for your college essay:
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you;
- Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you;
- Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence;
- Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence;
- Describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity in a college community, or an encounter that demonstrated the importance of diversity to you;
- Your topic;