Toll-Free US & Canada 24/7:
As a precautionary health measure for our support specialists in light of COVID-19, our phone support option will be temporarily unavailable. However, orders are processed online as usual and communication via live chat, messenger, and email is conducted 24/7. There are no delays with processing new and current orders.
Choosing Chicago/Turabian Paper Format for Your Essay Paper
Chicago (Turabian) Style Research Paper Writing Tips
The majority of High School, College and University history and humanities instructors require their students to use Chicago/Turabian Writing Style for their successful college essay papers. The main guidelines for the Chicago/Turabian research paper format include the following:
- Including the full title of the paper, student’s name, the course title, the instructor’s name, and the date on the title page;
- Counting title page in pagination, but not numbering it;
- Leaving margins of at least 1 inch at the top, bottom, and sides of the page;
- Double-spacing the text of the paper, including long quotations, which have been set off from the text;
- Using Arabic numerals for pagination, with all page numbers being placed in the upper right corner except for the title page;
- Labeling each visual with an Arabic numeral and providing a clear title that identifies the subject of the visual.
The label and title should appear on separate lines above the visual, flush left. The source of the visual should be put below the visual itself. Note that the label and captain of the figure should be placed below it, flush left. Both the label and the captain do not need to appear in separate lines.
Chicago/Turabian Paper Format Endnotes Guidelines
When preparing the endnotes for the direct quotes and borrowed ideas used for the Chicago/Turabian paper format, you should make sure to comply with the following rules:
- Begin endnotes on a new page at the end of the paper;
- Center the title Notes about 1 inch from the top of the page;
- Number the pages consecutively with the rest of the paper;
- Intend the first line of each note one-half inch (5 spaces) from the left margin;
- Begin the note with the Arabic numeral that corresponds to the numbered note in the text; do not raise the note number and put a period after it;
- Single-space each note and double-space between the notes;
- Do not invert authors’ names;
- Refer the last name and brief title to an earlier note by the same author;
How Do You Compose Your Chicago/Turabian Paper Format Bibliography
When writing the bibliography of the Chicago/Turabian style paper, you have to follow the guidelines listed below:
- Center the title Bibliography about 1 inch from the top of the page;
- Number bibliography pages consecutively with the rest of the paper;
- Alphabetize the bibliography by the last names of the authors or editors; when a work has no author or editor, alphabetize by the first word of the title;
- Begin each entry at the left margin, and intend any additional lines one-half inch;
- Single-space each entry and double-space between entries;
Chicago/Turabian Paper Format Citation Examples
Here are some good examples of the citation formats, which you may find useful in composing your heroism essay, evolution essay, government essay or family essay bibliography pages: Books: Author’s name (inverted). Title of the Book. City: Publisher, Year. Articles in periodicals: Author’s name (inverted). “Title of the Article”. Title of the Periodical, edition (Year): Pages. Electronic Sources: Author’s name (inverted). Title of the Site. The site’s URL.