Standing on the threshold of college life, high school is a very important juncture when every grade matters. The high school essay is an important part of the high school grades. Essay writing is not only about measuring a student’s knowledge on a particular topic, but also analyzing his or her writing skills. Moreover, when it’s a high school essay, it becomes that much more important. While the studies keep getting complicated, and the work pressure increases, essay writing becomes a burden. However, as in everything else in high school, here too there is no room for mediocrity, only excellence has to be pursued. Fortunately for the benefit of the students, there are professional services which can assist them in their essay-writing task and help them manage their workload.
High School Essay Topics
As much as the subjects are varied in high school so are the high school essay topics. As high school is a preparatory phase for the upcoming life, so the topics often concern socially relevant issues like:
- Is global warming man made?
- Or does religion lead to war? Apart from the general expository topics like:
- Explain why teamwork is important, describe stress in a teenager’s life or explain why you regard someone as a leader. High school essay topics may also be based on student issues like:
- Should students be permitted to drop out of high school? Why do teens use drugs? Is college admission getting too costly? Etc. Another favorite, argumentative high school essays require hardcore facts as well as opinions. The topics can be anything like-
- Should animals be used in scientific research? Should the legal drinking age be raised? Or should cigarette smoking be banned?
High School Scholarship Essays
Similar to a college scholarship essay, a high school scholarship essay is a reflection of a student – his or her achievements, skills, experiences, thoughts, knowledge and opinions. A high school scholarship essay may be based on a pre-selected research paper topic, which can be anything from subjective to issue based. However, the toughest job would be to write about one’s own self. Very often students are asked to write about their accomplishments, qualities and talents. A scholarship essay must be honest, original, innovative, well written and must include meaningful content. It should capture and hold the reader’s attention.