Stuck With Your Nursing Case Study Assignment?
A case study for nursing students gives an in-depth look at the individual patient. They focus on specific patients and provide information about their symptoms, their medical history and their diagnoses.
If you have got an assignment to write your own case study, then you will have to illustrate a case they have dealt with, explaining about the patient, the symptoms, the diagnosis, the treatments and information from a physical assessment.
Writing a nursing case study might be a real nightmare for students. This is why the top-notch writers of Bookwormlab.com offer their services to you. Right now you are just one click away from the perfect case study that will definitely turn out to be a success!
Nursing Case Study Format
The nursing case study paper is a complex paper involving many sections. For a full explanation of how to write your paper, you have to make sure that you get all the instructions from your professor. We have included the basic nursing case study format structure to serve you as a guideline.
- Introduction. Here you explain who the patient is (age, gender, etc.), demonstrate the problem (diagnosis), introduce your main argument (What should you as a nurse focus on or do?).
- History. Here you have to explain the disease (the symptoms) and what health problems the patient has (Has she/he been diagnosed with other diseases?). Also include any previous treatments (Has she/he had any prior surgeries or is he/she on medication?).
- Related treatments. In this section you have to explain the treatments the patient is receiving because of his/her disease.
- Nursing diagnosis. State your own diagnosis and explain what your goal is for helping the patient recover (What do you want to change for the patient?).
- Nursing interventions.Explain how you will accomplish your nursing goals, and support this with citations. Do not forget to reference your sources.
- Evaluation and recommendation.Explain how effective the nursing intervention was and what the patient should do in the future to continue recovery/improvement.
Tips on How to Write a Nursing Case Study
Your nursing case study will be evaluated on how well you complete each of the above sections. You will also be graded on your use of a proper formatting style. To ensure an excellent result, pay attention to the following things:
- Make sure to integrate citations into all of your paper.
- Support all claims of what the disease is, why it occurs and how to treat it with references to the literature on this disease.
- Always use citations for information that you learned from a book or article. If you do not cite it, you are telling your reader that YOU have discovered that information (how to treat the disease, etc.)
Benefits of Psychiatric Nursing Case Studies
Reading a psychiatric nursing case study and coming up with a diagnosis is a good way for nursing students to test the knowledge they’ve acquired in the classroom in a more realistic, clinical way. Writing case studies is also a useful learning tool, it forces students to reflect on the entire course of treatment for a patient, ranging from obtaining important diagnosis information to treating the medical condition.
If you happen to be totally stuck with your paper, then don’t hesitate to ask for academic writing help! Just delegate the writing to the best writers at Bookwormlab.com, who will do it for you for a reasonable price.
Place your order with us now and start to excel in your academics!